In order to properly process your application. We ask that you please read the following and accept at the bottom. Thanks!
This Online Banking Agreement and Disclosure (the "Agreement") is used to inform you of appropriate uses of Online Banking to obtain information about your accounts, to transfer funds between your accounts, pay bills and other bank services available through the Internet and to inform you of certain rights that you have under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act.
Please note in this statement the words “you” and “your” each refer to the person who uses or is authorized to use Online Banking services. The words “we”, “our” and “us” refer to The Bank of New Glarus and Sugar River Branches.
Online Banking Services
You may access our Online Banking services using the personal Login Codes that we issue to you and conduct the following transactions:
- Obtain the available and current balance(s) and transaction history of Checking, Money Market, Savings, Ready Reserve and/or Loan accounts.
- Transfer Funds between Checking, Money Market, Savings and/or Loan accounts.
- Make payments to Ready Reserve or Loans.
- Initiate Stop Payments.
- Perform Account Management.
- Pay Bills
Funds Transfer Service
Your name must appear in the legal account title to make transfers between accounts or to initiate bill payments. You may not transfer between accounts with legal or signature restrictions. However, an account(s) may be viewed if you are an authorized signer on the account(s).
You will be able to transfer funds between your Bank of New Glarus accounts only. If you do not want to have the ability to transfer funds between your accounts using Online Banking or if you want to restrict the accounts from which you can transfer funds using your ID and PIN, call your personal banker. We will make the necessary adjustments to this service for you.
As an Online Banking customer, you can make immediate transfers between specified deposit accounts. You are responsible for all transfers you or your authorized representative make using Online Banking. All such transfers are effective when you complete the transaction online. Funds must be available in the account from which you wish to transfer funds on the date you enter the transaction.
All transactions performed through our Online Service will be considered a Preauthorized Electronic Funds Transfer.
Bill Pay Services
You have the ability to pay your bills through our Bill Pay service. It is required that you have at least one checking account with us. You or someone you have authorized by giving them your Online Banking Login codes can instruct us to perform the following transactions:
- Initiate and authorize payment from your checking account to payees which you have authorized in advance to receive payments;
- Edit or delete pending payments.
The minimum amount a payment may be sent for is $0.01. Payments entered before 12:00pm CST Monday through Friday will be received by us the same day. Payments made after 12:00pm Monday through Friday or on a weekend will be received the next business day. Payments must be scheduled to send at least 7 to 10 days in advance of the payees requested due date.
If there are insufficient funds in the checking account on the payment date, we may either refuse to pay the item or may make the payment and thereby overdraw the account. We reserve the right to dishonor payment requests that reasonably appear to us to be fraudulent, incomplete, erroneous, or if you do not follow our instructions for Bill Pay. In addition, we will not be able to execute any Bill Pay requests if the payee cannot or will not accept such payment. You are responsible for any loss or penalty that may occur due to a lack of sufficient funds or other conditions that may prevent the withdrawal of funds from your account.
Online Banking service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, we only process transactions and update information on business days. Our online transfer business days are Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 6:00 pm. Transfers made on weekends, holidays, scheduled in advance or after 6:00 p.m., will be processed on the next business day.
It is necessary to perform maintenance. This maintenance is limited to the early morning hours (i.e. Midnight - 5:00 a.m.) on Saturday or Sunday when possible. There are times Online Banking may be down for extended periods of time or times other than Saturday and Sunday for more extensive maintenance, system upgrades, or to resolve equipment problems. During these periods, customers are notified of the maintenance on The Bank of New Glarus web site and when attempting to log into Online Banking.
We can amend this Agreement upon notice to you, which you agree may be sent by e-mail to your last known address contained in our records, or by an announcement conspicuously displayed directly within the website. Any notice will be effective not later than ten (10) days after we send or post the notice (unless a law or regulation requires a longer notice period), whether or not you have retrieved or viewed the notice by that time.
We may, from time to time, introduce new services that are part of Online Banking. We will update this Agreement to notify you of these new services. By using Online Banking after those new services become available, you agree to be bound by the terms contained in the revised agreement.
You are responsible for complying with the terms of this Agreement. The Bank of New Glarus reserves the right to terminate your Online Banking privileges if you do not comply with this agreement. Your Online Banking privileges may be revoked if we believe that unauthorized use of your ID, PIN or account may be occurring. If we terminate your use of your subscribed Online Banking Service, we reserve the right to make no further transfers from your account, including any transaction you have previously authorized.
You may terminate the Agreement and your Online Banking Service, including Bill Pay, at any time upon giving written notice of the termination to us. If you terminate, you authorize us to continue making transfers you have previously authorized until we have had a reasonable opportunity to act upon termination notice. Once we have acted upon your termination notice, we will make no further transfers from your account.
Security & Protecting Your Account
The Bank of New Glarus is committed to the protection, security, and confidentiality of our customer’s personal and account information. In an effort to maintain this commitment, The Bank of New Glarus continues to utilize the latest technology in the continuous development of its Online Banking Service.
The Bank of New Glarus uses the following methods to protect your account information:
- You can only access Online Banking with browsers that support SSL encryption.
- Your account numbers are not displayed or transmitted across the Internet.
- You must have a valid ID and PIN to sign in. You are only allowed three attempts to log into Online Banking with the correct ID and PIN. If you do not enter the correct ID and PIN your account will be locked after the third attempt.
- After 10 minutes of inactivity you will be automatically logged off of Online Banking.
- After 90 days of inactivity, your Online Banking account will change to a dormant status. You must contact the bank to reactivate the account.
You are responsible for using the following methods to protect your account information:
- Never give out personal information such as your PIN.
- Never leave your computer unattended while logged into Online Banking.
- Always exit by clicking on “Exit” after using Online Banking.
- Notify Customer Service immediately if you suspect that your ID or PIN has become known to or used by an unauthorized person.
E-mail and Virus Protection
Email is not secure. DO NOT email any confidential information including social security numbers, Login IDs, and PINs. You need only to send your name and if desired, a phone number where customer service may reach you. Customer Service will answer all e-mails by e-mail unless they have questions or need further information from you.
Unless you have instructed us otherwise, you agree that The Bank of New Glarus may send you electronic messages about other products or services we offer.
The Bank of New Glarus is not responsible for any electronic virus that you may contract while using Online Banking. The Bank of New Glarus suggests you routinely scan your computer using a virus protection product to detect and remove viruses found.
Lost or Stolen Codes
If you believe your Codes or other means of access have been lost or stolen or that someone has used them without your authorization, immediately change your Online Banking Codes. This is done by going through the “account management” option. Contact us immediately by writing, calling or e-mailing our Online Banking Manager at the address designated on the top of this Agreement.
Include in the message your name, address, phone number and a brief description of the problem. All e-mail requests will be answered by close of the next business day. E-mail is not secure; therefore DO NOT include any sensitive information such as account number, social security number, password etc.
You will be charged the applicable Online banking monthly fee, depending on which service you subscribe to. We currently charge no fees for Online Banking or Bill Pay. We reserve the right to change our fee schedule from time to time and to charge your account, in accordance with the fee schedule that will be provided to you, prior to assessment.
Record of Transaction
You will receive a monthly statement showing the status of your account(s), transactions made during the past month, and any charges, which we may impose, for such services or transactions.
If you need more information about a transfer or bill payment appearing on your monthly statement, or if you think your statement is wrong, please telephone or write us as soon as possible by calling or mailing our Online Banking Manager at the address designated on the top of this Agreement. Do not email this information.
We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the error or problem appeared. Include the following information:
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error, transfer or bill payment you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe there is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
We will investigate your complaint and will correct any error promptly. If we take more than 10 business days (20 business days if the error involves a new account) to do this, we will credit your account for the amount you think is in error so that you will have use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation.
If you notify us of a loss, your liability for unauthorized transfers or bill payments will be as follows:
- If your monthly statement shows transfers or payments that you did not make and you do not contact us before close of business on the 60th day after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the error or problem appeared, you may not get back any funds lost after the close of business on the 60th day, if we can prove that your contacting us would have prevented those losses.
- If you contact us within two business days of the loss or your discovery of the loss, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your Login Codes without your permission.
- If someone used your Login Codes without your permission, you could lose as much as $500 if you do not contact us within two business days after you learn of the loss and we can prove that we could have prevented the loss if you had contacted us.
You are responsible for any error, damage or other loss you may suffer due to the malfunction or misapplication of any software or system you use, including, without limitation, any web browser, any Internet service provider, or any equipment you may use, including, without limitation, telecommunications facilities, computer hardware and modem. You are solely responsible for the set-up and maintenance of your computer and modem. Except as specifically required in this Agreement or by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for any damage, whether direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential or otherwise, including economic, property, personal, or other loss or injury, whether caused by hardware or system-wide failure, whether due to a virus or other disabling routine, or otherwise, or resulting from the installation, use, or maintenance of the equipment, or other items necessary to access or use the Service.
You agree to the terms of this Online Banking Disclosure and the schedule of fees that may be imposed. You authorize us to deduct these fees directly from your account balance. You are liable for all transactions that you authorize. If you have given someone your Online Banking or Login Codes or other means of access and want to terminate that person’s authority you must change your identification number and password and make the Bank aware of your intentions in writing.
If we fail to complete a transaction on time or in the correct amount, when properly instructed by you, we will be liable for your damages caused by our failure unless:
- there are insufficient funds in your account to complete the transactions, the account has been closed or is not in good standing.
- the funds in the account from which a payment or transfer is to be made is subject to legal process or other claims restrict the transactions.
- your equipment or ours was not working properly and the breakdown should have been apparent when you attempted to conduct the transaction.
- you have not given us complete, correct or current account numbers or other identifying information so that we can properly credit your account or otherwise complete the transaction.
- you do not properly follow our instructions or if you provide us with wrong or inaccurate information or fail to correct or tell us about any inaccuracy of which you are aware.
- you do not instruct us soon enough for your payment or transfer to be received and credited by the time it’s due.
- circumstances or persons beyond our control prevent, delay, intercept or alter the transaction, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- we have reason to believe that the transaction requested is unauthorized.
- the failure was caused by an act of God, fire, or other catastrophe, or by an electrical or computer failure or by other causes beyond our control.
The Bank’s sole responsibility for an error in a fund transfer or bill payment will be to correct the error, but in no case shall the Bank be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages (even if you have informed us of the possibility of such damages). In states that do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages, the Bank’s liability is limited to the extent permitted by Applicable Law (as defined below). Our service providers are independent contractors and not our agents. To the extent permitted by Applicable Law, we will not be responsible for any error, damage or other loss caused by any service provider.
Waiver of Agreement
This agreement is the complete and exclusive agreement between you and us related to the Service and supplements any other agreement or disclosure related to your Checking Account, or any other account. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any other agreement or disclosure related to your Checking Account or any other Account, or any statement by our employees or agents, or any service provider, this Agreement shall control with respect to the Service. No delay or omission by us in exercising any rights or remedies there under shall impair such right or remedy or be construed as a waiver of any such right or remedy. Any simple or partial exercise of a right or remedy shall not preclude further exercise therefore or the exercise of any other right or remedy. No waiver shall be valid unless in writing signed by us.
You may not assign this Agreement to any other party. We may assign this Agreement or delegate any or all of our rights and responsibilities under the Agreement to any third parties.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States, and to the extent not inconsistent therewith, the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without regard to that state’s rules regarding conflict of laws (collectively, “Applicable Law”). You agree that you will use the service only in accordance with Applicable Law.
The Bank of New Glarus and Sugar River Branches are located in the State of Wisconsin. The service described in this Agreement and all of our credit and deposit services are provided subject to Wisconsin law. They are only available to new customers who are residents of or businesses located in our geographic markets defined as the counties surrounding The Bank of New Glarus and Sugar River Branches and to former and current customers.
Your Agreement To These Terms And Conditions
Your registration for Online Banking with The Bank of New Glarus confirms that you acknowledge you have reviewed and understand the terms of this Agreement, and that you are bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Information We Collect
There are two kinds of customer information: public and non-public. Public information can come from recorded documents, phone books, etc.
The nonpublic personal information we collect may include:
- Information that we receive from you on account forms, loan applications, or other documents containing your name, address, assets and income.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as your credit usage, payment history, and account balances.
- Information we receive from third parties, including consumer reporting agencies.
The Bank does share customer information with our affiliates for the following reasons:
- To protect your accounts from unauthorized access.
- To serve you more efficiently.
- To let you know about special offers and opportunities that may benefit you.
- To improve our products to better meet your needs.
Information We Disclose
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers and former customers to affiliates or non-affiliated third parties except as permitted by law. However, we may disclose all of the information we collect as described above to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive customer, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice.
Our Security Measures
At the Bank, employee access to personally identifiable customer information is limited to those with a business reason to know such information. Employees are educated on the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of customers' information and on these Privacy Principles. Because of the importance of these issues, all of the Bank employees are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of customer information and employees who violate these Privacy Principles will be subject to disciplinary measures, including termination of employment.
Protection of Information
The Bank of New Glarus is committed to the security of your financial and personal information. All of our operational and data processing systems are in a secure environment that protects your account information from being accessed by third parties. We maintain and grant access to customer information only in accordance with our internal security standards.
By choosing I AGREE, you are agreeing to the terms stated in the Online Banking Agreement and Disclosure.You acknowledge that all current accounts and any and all future accounts opened at The Bank of New Glarus or Sugar River Branches will be automatically available via Online Banking. You also acknowledge receipt of the Online Banking Agreement and Disclosure whether you have printed it or simply read it.
|I Agree||I Do Not Agree|